PiMSR Library Staff:
The Staff members of PiMSR Library are as follows:
|Mr. Baban More
||M.LISc., M.Phil., PGDLIM., PhD.(Reg.Tiss)
|Mrs. Latha Anilkumar
|Mrs. Lathika Pillai
|Mr. Santosh Patil
|Mr. Ravindra Patil
PiMSR Library provides the following mentioned facilities to Staff and Students.
Collection Development Policy (CDP):
- Web-OPAC facility
- Internet access
- Multimedia facility
- Books and periodicals loan facility
- Online access
- Reprography (Xeroxing)
- TOC, New arrivals alerts through email
PiMSR Library has a collection development policy in which we continuously add course related and other relevant books through Books exhibitions and Books on approval. Similarly new periodicals are subscribed on the request from Staff members.
PiMSR Library is having the institutional membership of The American Library Mumbai, The Tata Institute of Social Sciences, and Mumbai. And BMA Mumbai, Students and Staff members can available the facility of Institutional membership.
PiMSR-KRC: Library has the following mentioned plans for the future.
- Creating model Library system - This requires visiting other popular Library systems like Universities, Technical and Colleges. This will help in developing present system both physically as well as intellectually. During the vacations Librarian and the other Library staff may be permitted to visit the other library systems in the city.
- Students Centric programs - With the help of potential students the activities like "Book Talk", "Best Library User" and "Best suggestion".
- PiMSR - KRC: Using Digital library - Institute repository is the need of the hour, our entire institute out puts and other important R & D works and students / staff publications will be made available for the future use through DSpace Digital Library and the system will be updated regularly. Dissertations / Theses table of contents can be scanned and put into the system for the easy access of one and all.
- Clipping service - All primary sources like News papers, Journals, Magazines and other resources will be used to crate the clippings in broad subjects. Monthly digital archival will be created for preservation.